some random notes from some months back ... some of this has been moved forward ... but an interesting rambling anyways.
- As initiated by living out in the desert for three years in Alice Springs as a base for exploring indigenous communities and landforms in the desert I have become interested in far-flung places. I have since moved to Hobart, a different place, a different way of life. Parked in the harbour of Hobart is the Aurora Australis and L'Astrolabe, pretending to be away on trips to the Southern Oceans. Always fascinated by the idea of Antarctica as a child I perked up my eyes at this - perhaps this new place shan't be too boring after all ... hmmm.
How could I engineer a trip to the Southern Oceans?
Geography series (work in progress, something to develop, future plans)
- Central Desert
- Album - Is this a desert? (2006)
- Comic - A Long Weekend.
- Ink art-works of Indigenous peoples.
- Art/music concept, perhaps a concert series with other artists and musicians in response to works of particular Scientists.
- Co-opt Scientists into being part of art/writing/ part of the music etc.
- Islands ...
- Triguetra concert concept (Sicilia/Salina)
All of them fall under similar umbrellas, or perhaps stem from the same thought-form. They all have links to psychology. Perhaps humans and the brain is truly just an extension of the world that we live in rather than a separate thing. It is formed locally, takes on local attributes, we think we are separate but we are deluded, we are merely atheistic molecules flowing around our designated parts of the globe having our software developed by "Mother Nurture" within the confines of Nature's hardware.