Pages

Wednesday, February 8

Darwin (The Wet)

I'm in Darwin ...

wow ... greeeeeen
The foliage is falling over itself and eachother to get to out of it's own strangehold. The air is much thicker here ..... and the clouds appear to be towering mushrooms carrying the storms of the wet season ...
i don't remember having seen clouds like these ones before.
Perhaps I have but have forgotten.
There are lizards everywhere ... tartars ... little ones you could squash with your pinkies ... if you wanted to of course you could.
The sunsets ... mum told me about the Darwin sunsets once ... she was right .... fuuuu-far out!
And there is REAL asian food ... I've missed the asian groceries where you buy as much stuff as you've never seen before, go home and fry it - assuming that's what you're supposed to do with it ... and then eat it ... assuming that's what you're supposed to do with it ... and then swallow it ... assuming it's not an exotic chewing gum.
I had oysters on the wharf ... I feel like a kid ... a kid with dust on his shoulders and an akubra sticking out in an AJ* baseball cap town
After six months of being stuck in the centre, the bustle of a city is bloody lovely ... but waiting for buses is not something I dig much ... I haven't done that since I lived in Melbourne before I owned a bike ... probably about five or six years - I think I waited about five or six years for the damn bus.
..............
..........................................
..............................................
* Army Jerk

No comments: